Thursday, April 27, 2017

Upcoming Art Show-Themed Posts

I'll get something out of the way right now. I don't really like doing these kinds of posts, mostly because whenever I announce something, it almost always gets delayed, or it doesn't happen at all. In fact, what I'm about to announce is something I kind of already announced late last year. The only difference is what I plan to do is a little more specific than what I initially announced then. I am also aware that there are things that I talked about back in December that have not yet come to fruition. So I will be doing that stuff first, and then what I'm announcing today will be done afterwards.

What I'm announcing now is a series of upcoming posts about solo art shows I've had in the past. As some of you may or may not know, I've been doing my solo art shows since 2006. There's a lot of history there and since these shows have had so much influence on my work in general, I think it is definitely worth discussing. If my count is correct, I've had 9 solo shows since 2006 and by the time I get around to making these posts, it'll be 10. That doesn't include any collaborative shows or group shows I've been involved with. However, I don't plan to focus on those, mostly due to the difficulty involved. I don't have pictures for some of those shows. Some of the people involved with those shows are people who I don't see or talk to so much these days. It's easier to focus on the solo stuff since I was in control of it all. These shows were very well documented and for some of the more recent ones, the Facebook event pages still exist, which is great because I get to look at old posts and my thoughts of certain events as they occurred, rather than the afterthought. Interestingly enough, there is only one show that has no pictures because I completely forgot to take any for some reason though I should still have a copy of the flier for that show. Without that, there would be no proof of the show's existence. I can still talk about that one because something significant did happen at that show. Of course I'll talk about that whenever I get to it.

I have no set schedule for when these posts will happen. I can say though that it will not happen before mid-May. I'm going to be way too busy preparing for my upcoming show The Winds of Change. I would estimate that discussing these shows in detail and posting about them all could take anywhere from 6 months to who knows when. Still, it is something to look forward to, especially since I'm trying to beef up this blog with more content. After all, not only do I need more readers, but I also need the current readers to stay onboard and if I don't have content, they're not going to stay.

So that's all for right now. If you liked this post, please leave a comment or share this page with your friends. I'm always looking to get more views and engage with more readers. So until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment