Tuesday, April 25, 2017

This Blog Finally Has Ads

I just found out not too long ago that this blog has been approved for ads. What this means is that for every blog view, I may be making some money. I'm honestly surprised by this. I recently submitted this blog for monetization and it was rejected due to a lack of content (posts with text instead of pictures). I then did a post about this and resubmitted just for the hell of it and it was approved. My original goal was to assume that I would get rejected again, then wait another month or so and create more content, then resubmit. All that has changed now.

While this is good news, it does come with it's downsides. First, I worked really hard over the years to make this blog look aesthetically pleasing. With the appearance of ads, that's going to change a little bit. No matter what redesigns I may do or colors I may choose, or the typeface, font size, etc, those ads are going to be there and they'll stick out like a sore thumb. That is a sacrifice I chose to make because there may be some great greater good to come out of it. The other thing is that not too many people read this blog, unfortunately. It took about 5 years to get over 4000 views and over 500 of them came from that post I did about artist Ayami Kojima. So this blog still has a long way to go before any real money can be made.

There are some solutions for this. I do plan on making some business cards this year to pass out at shows and other events I may be at. This blog will be advertised on those cards. That's one way to get more visits. The other way are from the readers themselves. If any of you decide to share this blog on Facebook, Twitter, or wherever, that would definitely help out a lot. Engagement is definitely the key. So I think what I'm going to do is at the end of every post, I'm going to ask that if the readers liked the post, then please share it with anyone else who might be interested. I guess comments are another thing. I'd like more of those too. I always want to hear some feedback.

Well, that's all for now. The March Progress Report should be coming soon. It would have been the next post, but this news came unexpectedly, so we've got this for right now. Until next time, take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment