September started out a little slow and then sped up when I found out that I would be having a show on the week of Halloween. In some ways, this show was one of my easier shows to plan for since I had several projects that were intended to be finished for my last show that I couldn't finish in time. I first started out by doing some unfinished work from the summer involving polishing work on some ceramic pieces. Two of the ceramic pieces were going to be for my show while the others will go up for sale someday. Next, I finished my piece Anathema, a project that missed my last show by a few days. Then I started on a new ceramic piece that was a restart of a failed piece from earlier this year.
This is all I have for right now. I will continue catching up with everything over the next few weeks.
|9/5/17: I finished polishing this piece. It turned out great.|
|9/5/17: I finished polishing this piece. Just like my other saggar piece, this also turned out great.|
|9/5/17: This is a piece I plan on selling. The polishing work turned out alright, though the piece is a little darker than I wanted it to be.|
|9/5/17: This is another polished saggar piece that I want to sell.|
|9/5/17: Compared to the previous two saggar pieces, I like this one the best.|
|9/5/17: This is the first of three pit fired egg pieces that I plan on selling. The polishing with these pieces turned out great.|
|9/5/17: This is the second egg piece.|
|0/5/17: This is the third egg piece, though it does have some problems from faulty construction that I'll have to fix later.|
|9/12/17: It didn't take too long to build this, though the bulges stick out more than what I originally intended.|
|9/26/17: This piece had been in development since 2008. I finally finished it.|
|9/26/17: The bottom of Anathema.|
|9/27/17: I did some glazing work. I managed to find a way to get a lot of glazes on here without overdoing it. It had to be carefully planned.|