Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Weekly Report: 7/9-7/15

Quite a few things happened this week. I continued organizing my button inventory, something that is going painfully slow. With my ceramics, I did some burnishing, a saggar firing, and constructed three new pieces. I also managed to sell a button on Etsy, something that doesn't happen quite enough. Next week may not be quite as busy as this week, but who knows.

7/11: Most of what I achieved during this week happened on this day. Someone bought a button from me on Etsy. I created the shipping label and prepared everything. The button was shipped roughly 12 hours after the order took place. After I took care of the button order (but long before I went to the post office), I took sometime to organize my button inventory. I'm getting closer to completing the first step, which is getting everything in the correct sized baggies, then doing the proper number of pressings for everything that I currently have prints for. Step 2, which I'll get into some other time will take much longer. After arriving at the college, I took several ceramic pieces I made and had them fired at a low temperature. At least two of the pieces are meant to be saggar pieces for the next day. I also did some burnishing work on one piece that is further behind than the others.

7/12: On this day, I made preparations for the saggar firing and then completed the saggar firing. Both pieces turned out great. While waiting for the firing to get done, I prepared three more ceramic pieces that I made with the intention of selling in the future. The basic construction is done, though the burnishing probably won't be done for another 2 weeks.

That's pretty much it. Unfortunately, I only spent 2 days out of the week doing anything that was worth mentioning. Still, it was a lot within that short period of time. I'll hopefully have more to share soon. If you liked this post, feel free to comment or share. Thanks.