Anyway, February was when everything got started. This month's focus was almost entirely on clay projects. The challenging part was that I was finally starting to run out of the clay I had bought 2 years ago. So I had to think of creative way to make pieces that looked interesting, but used a minimal amount of clay. For some pieces, this brought up some structural issues. For example, in picture #14, that piece didn't make it because it was too easy to break. I wouldn't say it was doomed from the start. There was a 50/50 chance it could have survived. Aside from making pieces minimal, I'm also making some pieces that look somewhat similar to work I did last year, only it won't look the same when they're done.
So that's all for February. Hopefully, the March post will be up in a few days while the Weekly Report will hopefully arrive by next Saturday. So enjoy the post and share it with as many people as possible.
|2/1/17: This is the first picture from 2017. Even though this looks a lot like a project I was working on last year, only the design lookks similar. I plan on doing something very different with it.|
|2/1/17: I like this piece, but it'll probably be the last time I make something like this unless I end up making reproduction pieces to sell. But we'll see.|
|2/1/17: Like the other two pieces, Something different will be done with this one.|
|2/8/17: While doing burnishing work, the tip broke off. We'll see how this piece continues to evolve thoughout it's development.|
|2/8/17: This piece stayed intact during the burnishing.|
|2/8/17: Like this first piece, the tip broke off during the burnishing.|
|2/15/17: my next wall piece. I had to shorten the piece on the ends to make sure it will fit in the kiln. This was actually inspired by a piece I made back in 2013, except that was not a wall piece.|
|2/15/17: I wanted to try and give each piece a distinguishable look. I keep seeing clas when I look at this.|
|2/15/17: This was a challenge to build. I constantly had to worry about it falling apart.|
|2/15/17: This is a sphere similar to what I build last year, except this will be a saggar piece whereas that one was done in a pit firing.|
|2/22/17: The bisque firing is done.|
|2/22/17: The raku glaze work is finished.|
|2/22/17: This one was also a result of me running low on clay. Still, I try to do what I can with what I have.|