Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Weekly Report: 7/30-8/5

This week was the last week of the summer semester for Ceramics Workshop. I also got an unexpected button commission that I needed to get done quickly. Since most of what I worked on during the summer was work that I want to sell, I'll most likely spend the next few weeks making preparations for that. I'm also going to try and make the weekly, but I can't always do that. If there's not enough going on, I'm not going to make a post about it. The delayed May Progress Report Part 2 will probably be the next post you'll see from me. Other than that, the views for my blog have been going up. I want to keep them going up, so continue reading, keeping a lookout for new posts and sharing. Now for the weekly breakdown:

8/1: On this day, I got three saggar pieces ready. They were also fired, but since the studio closed at 4,  I could not get them until the next day. also made preparations for a pit firing that was going to be done the next day.

8/2: A pit firing for three egg-shaped pieces was done, but since the pit firing would take all night, I would have to come back the next day and grab the three pieces before work.

8/3: I grabbed my pit fired pieces before work and then after I got off of work, I washed them off as much as I could when I got home late in the evening. I thought they turned out pretty well. Polishing still needs to be done to both the saggar work and the pit pieces, but that won't happen for a few weeks.

8/5: I began work on my button commission in the early hours of the morning. The commission ended up being nine buttons, which I sold for $1 a piece plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment