Thursday, August 31, 2017

2017 Progress Report: July

Throughout July, most of my work consisted of pieces that I plan to put on sale over the next few months, though there are at least two pieces that I want to keep in my permanent collection as soon as they are finished. This work would resume throughout early August. I hope to have everything here finished before the end of the year. Overall, July was a very productive month for me.

7/5/17: Burnishing work is done. Overall, this turned out okay.

7/5/17: The burnishing turned out okay here, though the grooves left from the coils made the burnishing somewhat difficult.

7/5/17: The burnishing on this piece did not turn out too badly.

7/5/17: The burnishing on this piece turned out pretty well.

7/11/17: The burnishing on this one was somewhat difficult compared to the last one  mostly because of the curve at the bottom.

7/12/17: This piece made it through the bisque firing successfully.

7/12/17: This piece made it through the bisque firing successfully.

7/12/17: This piece made it through the bisque firing successfully.

7/12/17: This piece made it through the bisque firing successfully.

7/12/17: I'm making preparations for a saggar firing. I'm using leaves which something I don't normally use.

7/12/17: This piece is almost ready for the saggar firing.

7/12/17: This piece is wrapped up and is not ready for the saggar firing.

7/12/17: This piece is wrapped up and is not ready for the saggar firing.

7/12/17: This is the first of three pieces that are based on a piece I did last year called Equilibrium. 

7/12/17: This is the second of three pieces that are based on a piece I did last year called Equilibrium. 

7/12/17: This is the third piece that is based on a piece I did last year called Equilibrium. 
7/12/17: The saggar firing turned out pretty good. I'll end up keeping this piece, though it needs more work.

7/12/17: This saggar firing actually turned out pretty good. I'm keeping this one.

7/18/17: The burnishing work on the pieces turned out somewhat okay. It was difficult though.

7/18/17: These are the next generation of dish pieces that I want to put up for same when they're complete. This is the small set.

7/25/17: These are the next generation of dish pieces that I want to put up for same when they're complete. This is the medium set.

726/17: These are the next generation of dish pieces that I want to put up for same when they're complete. This is the large set.



No comments:

Post a Comment