Saturday, August 19, 2017

2017 Progress Report: May-Part 3

I originally didn't intend to make a third May report. The only reason I am making one is because I forgot about two pictures from the very end of the month and I didn't want to add them to report #2 because I think at this point most people who saw that aren't going to look at it again and I don't expect it to get too many new views.

There are only two pictures. They are both of the project I've been working on called Anathema. This was one of the projects that I wanted to have ready for my show but couldn't. Now I'm glad it did not get done for the show because later on, I would discover some structural issues with the legs that needed to be resolved. The mistakes with the legs were made years ago. If I were starting on the same piece from scratch today, that issue would never have occurred. Speaking of which, it is interesting to point out that Anathema's development began back in early 2008. It went through several changes before becoming what it is now. Perhaps at some point in the future, I'll talk about it more, but let's just say that Anathema is probably about 70% complete and I hope to have it done by sometime next month which would be a little under 10 years of on and off development.

So enjoy these two pictures and keep a lookout for the June report.


5/31/17: I had to reinforce the legs. I was kind of pissed about this because it meant that the time I spend painting this was a complete waste.

5/31/17: Some legs needed reinforcing more than others. In some cases, I may have been overdoing it, but I wanted to make sure they were going to be okay this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment