Wednesday, June 7, 2017

2017 Progress Report: April-Part 2

Part 1 focused mostly my mixed media work. This week focuses primarily on my ceramic work, though I did continue my mixed media work as well. If I counted correctly, 11 projects were being worked on in such a short period of time. Raku firings also took place during this time. Despite getting as much done as I did, I wasn't even close to being ready for the upcoming show in May.

Part 3 should be even more interesting than Part 2. That post should be coming soon. If you liked what you saw here, let me know and feel free to share this post with anyone who might be interested.

4/11/17: The bisque firing was successful.

4/11/17: This bisque firing was also a success.

4/11/17: It took a while to finally getting around to doing it, but the low temp bisque firing for this pieces is finally done.

4/11/17: This is also one of four pieces that were fired at a lower temperature. Three of them will end up  as pit firings while one of them will be a saggar piece.

4/11/17: This is the third future piece for the pit firing that came from the low temp bisque firing.

4/11/17: This is the only saggar piece that I'll have for the upcoming show

4/11/17: This piece is glazed will be ready for a raku firing the following day.

4/11/17: This will be the second raku firing done this week.

4/11/17: I got around to doing the canvas work this week.

4/11/17: Canvas work on the back is also complete.

4/11/17: Canvas work on my other mixed media piece is done.

4/11/17: Canvas work on the back is done.

4/12/17: I used a single coat of ferric chloride.

4/12/17: This also has a single coat of ferric chloride.

4/12/17: Like the others, this also uses a single coat of ferric chloride.

Unlike the others, this will use three coats of ferric chloride. Since the will be a saggar piece, I'm also using horse hair, copper wire, and sugar.

4/12/17: This has been wrapped up in two layers of aluminum foil. The effects of that will be seen when the saggar firing is done.

4/12/17: The gesso work on the front is done.

4/12/17: The gesso work on the back is done.

4/12/17: The gesso work on the front is done.

4/12/17: The gesso work on the back is done.

4/12/17: The drawing is starting to take shape.

4/12/17: The raku firing is done, but still needs some work.

4/12/17: The raku firing is done and luckily, it will not need as much work done a s the other piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment