Thursday, January 3, 2019

2018 Progress Report: October-Part 3

During this week in October, I continued doing wet clay work and firings. I also finally got around to working on drawings again. While there weren't that many pictures taken during this week, a lot of progress was still made. To be honest though, it was around this time that I started falling behind schedule since the drawings were originally supposed to have been worked on earlier in October. Over the next few weeks, we'll see this weird pattern of projects jumping ahead of schedule only to immediately fall way behind schedule. This is the nature of mixed media work, where there are many components to a project instead of just drawing or sculpting.

That's all I have for right now. I'm trying to catch up on my posts and hopefully part 4 will be posted soon. Feel free to ask questions and leave comments. Also, share this post with anyone who might be interested. If you want to support me and my projects, you can donate to my Patreon or buy buttons from my Etsy store.



10/15/18: The bisque firings are finished. I even fired the smaller broken pieces, though I think one of them would end up going missing later.

10/15/18: The glazing has been done.

10/15/18: What is interesting about the pieces for the P13 project is that even though they use the same combination of glazes, the glazes are applied differently with each set that I make and because of the volatile nature of raku firings, each set will look different then the last. When I eventually attach all these piece to the P13 project, I'll have to work with various acrylic mediums to give each piece a sense of continuity.

10/16/18: While I normally like to leave each piece on the canvas until they dry, that didn't work with this one. The clay pieces kept falling off.

10/17/18: I finally started making progress with this drawing. This eye will eventually go on to be my best eye drawing yet.

10/17/18: I finally resumed work on this project. As of the time of this picture being taken, I got most of the proportions down. Ironically, even though this was the first project I started in 2018, it would be the last projector 2018 that I would finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment