Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Upcoming Projects

For those of you who don't know, most of the non-ceramic work and non-photography work that I have done over the last few years were not started from scratch. When I work on a project, I never have the entire project planned out. Instead, I'll start with one or a few concepts and let the process evolve until I eventually have a complete project. However, more often than not, my projects will come to a point where I either grow dissatisfied with the work I had done, or the general concept, but I don't throw my work away. I instead put the artwork away until a time comes when I come up with new ideas. Also, I find it appalling to throw our something I spent so much time and money on.

My recent project that I completed back in April, She Wants Blood is a perfect example of my process and yes, I'm still working on the She Wants Blood blog entry. This also brings me to talk about my work for this summer. In the back of my basement, I have a pile of unfinished artwork, all of which are numbered and have pages in my sketchbook reserved for writing and drawing ideas for these projects. For this summer, I have chosen six of these projects and hope to have them somewhat completed by the fall and perhaps, I'll have a few of them completed by the end of the year. Five of them have actual themes that I'm working with so far where as the sixth one I chose has many ideas going for it but nothing concrete.

I hope to provide everyone with as many updates and pictures as possible in the near future. I'm hoping to have something new in a week or so. Also, I want to have an entire blog entry at some point in the future dedicated to explaining my process for creating my art projects. I know I kind of did that here, but I also know there are many people who aren't familiar with my work who are probably a little confused by what I've been saying and creating a post with more detail and pictures would help explain my process better.

No comments:

Post a Comment