Friday, April 6, 2018

2018 Projects and Plans

Even though this should have been posted all the way back in January, I have faced some inconveniences in my life over the last few months which has forced me to keep revising my plans. Nonetheless, I do have a lot of work planned for the year.

Finances
Within a 2 week period between January 22 and the day before my birthday, I lost my job and my computer needed to be replaced since it decided not to work anymore. Losing my main source of income and having to spend money that I don't have is not a very good combination. Because of these inconveniences, I had to put certain plans on hold such as my intention to start making stickers to sell. I believe that is something I had announced last summer. Buttons have been at a standstill too. There will be new designs coming, but probably not until much later in the year. For now, I will make use of my current inventory which is still a lot. Basically, anything that requires a lot of financial investment is getting pushed back for the time being. I should also mention that I have finally created a Patreon account. Hopefully, this will help me in the near future with financing projects. I'll provide the link below. In case anyone asks, I'm not begging for money. Even if you have no intentions of giving anything, I would like to encourage everyone who reads this to look at the page and give me feedback on the design of the page, the pictures I used and the descriptions I left.
https://www.patreon.com/Jon_Erich

Shows
I originally had no intentions of doing any shows in the spring, mostly because I had shown off almost all of my 2017 work at my last show and felt that I wouldn't have too much new work ready for the spring. While I wouldn't have minded having some 2017 work in a new show, I have a rule I made for myself where I try not to have the same work present in a solo show in the same gallery more than twice within 18 months. However, because I lost my job, that would give me more time to prepare a show and so that's what I decided to do. The only drawback is that some of the more ambitious projects will have to be pushed back to the fall or later because of how much money will be required to finish these projects. The show I am currently preparing for will be going up at the end of April. I'll be talking more about it soon.

Projects
I won't go into this too much. I'll leave a picture below like I normally do. As I mentioned before, my plans have been revised several times. In fact, I had to change them again prior to making this post. I'm confident that I pushed everything back enough to where I won't have to change anything else this year.
2018 Projects

That pretty much covers it for right now. Whenever I find employment or some other reliable source of income, I will update the status of other long planned, long overdue endeavors such as stickers, books, Youtube and other things. As of right now, what I presented here are more immediate plans for the future. The next post should be the January Report. That shouldn't take too long to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment