Saturday, April 7, 2018

2018 Progress Report: January

I'm finally catching up on these posts. In January, I started doing work towards the end of the month, which is why I have only six pictures. I was working on three different projects. Two of them involved clay while another one was simply a continuation of my P13 project that never seems to want to end. The clay projects look somewhat minimal, but that's only because it is just one part in what will eventually become a mixed media project. With the P13 project, you're only seeing the back right now because I decided to make changes from last year. I'm adding additional wood pieces for hanging hooks. I made this decision after having a few pieces over the last year and a half that I had a hard time hanging on the wall the way I wanted them to hang because of the lack of hanging hooks or how the hooks were arranged. I want to prevent this from happening again.

In the February Report, there will be more pictures of the projects I started working on in January as well as additional projects. I am almost certain that the February Report will be the next post, but I can't say for sure.


1/24/18: Even though I worked very carefully on this shape, it will eventually break into multiple pieces. I pretty much constructed this with those expectations. I opted not to build these by using multiple pieces because it would be easier for me to repair a clean break later on.

1/29/18: I decided to add two more wood pieces for hanging hooks. I placed them on pieces of half inch thick foam board in order to even out the surface some more.

1/29/18: Chicken wire is being used to even out the surface.

1/29/18: Canvas is being used to cover the chicken wire and wood.

1/31/18: Like the other clay piece, this will break because of how thin and fragile it is. Again, I prepared for this ahead of time. The breaks will be clean and will be repaired easily.

1/31/18: After strengthening the canvas with gesso, a marker was used to indicate where the wood pieces are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment