Wednesday, May 25, 2016

2016 Progress Report: March

March was an interesting month. There was a lot going on all fronts. I was busy trying to get several ceramic projects done at once while finding time to work on my mixed media projects. Then away from the college at home, several digital projects were being worked on. As busy as March sounded, it would be nothing compared to the nightmare of a month that April was. What I have here are 15 pictures from March. When I get around to doing the April post, there will be a lot more pictures.

3/2/16: I'm continuing the chicken wire work.

3/2/16: A few hours later, I made a little bit of progress.

3/2/16: This came a long way since the previous week. I wasn't quite able to finish it yet, however.

3/9/16: Chicken wire work on the front is complete. I burned myself with hot glue multiple times during this process.

3/9/16: Chicken wire work on the back is complete. The flat part of the back will remain bare for the eventual name label that I'm going to make.

3/9/16: I eventually finished this. It's looking better than it was before. I'm still not sure about those tentacle-like pieces on the end. I feel like I should have take a different approch to that.

3/9/16: My newest future sagger piece. The basic construction of it is finished but it needs to be fixed up a bit.

3/16/16: I'm going to be working on another 2-panel drawing. The bristolboard is on the left while the foamboard is on the right. The foamboard will be used to make sure the bristolboard has a flat surface to lay on.

3/16/16: This is a project that I haven't touched since 2012. It currently goes by the title P13. The bristol board and foamboard in the previous picture are intended for this piece. I deliberately left some parts uncovered until after the drawings are finished.

3/16/16: The back of P13. Having to mofify older projects is often the most difficult thing for me to do. I can't just throw tnhem out because a lot of monet had already been invested into them.

3/16/16: This is coming along slowly.

3/16/16: Another future sagger piece. I wanted to try and create skinnier pieces.

3/16/16: Another skinny sagger piece.

3/23/16: I was working on the overall layout of the back of P5. Had this been a project that I started from scratch and not some unfinished project from years ago, the canvas would not be on there yet.

3/23/16: The canvas I used here looks a little dirty. This is because the canvas I use when working on clay projects is often cut up and used for projects like this. Over the years, I've become good at improvisation. Sometimes, the tools and equipment used for working on projects end up becoming part of a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment