Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Progress Report: October-Part 2

During this week in October, I wasn't able to do too much. Four out of five if my masks were fired. I managed to apply the raku glazes, though I would have to wait another week to see the results. I also made more progress on my leaf piece. I got it to the point where I was able to finish most of the canvas work on it. The following week would bring even more progress for my work.

This may possibly be my last post of the year. We'll see, but the October Progress Reports will continue well into January. Also, even though it is a bit early to announce this, the Reports for November and December will be combined into a single report due to a lack of pictures from November.

10/10/17: This firing turned out well. 

10/10/17: The firing for this piece also turned out well.

10/10/17: This is still my least favorite mask.

10/10/17: This is still one of my favorite masks. I'm glad it survived the firing.

10/10/17: I finally finished all the chicken wire work on the front.

10/10/17: I finally finished all the chicken wire work on the back.

10/10/17: Most of the canvas work on the front is finished.

10/10/17: The canvas work on the back is almost done.

10/10/17: I applied some glaze. I used black on most of it and red around the edges.

10/10/17: This will use an almost even mix of red and black glazes.

10/10/17: This one will use a little more red than black.

10/10/17: This one will use a little bit of red and mostly black.

No comments:

Post a Comment