Friday, October 13, 2017

The Weekly Report: 10/1-10/7

The Weekly Report is back! I finally reached a point where I was able to do a decent amount of work more than one day a week. On the first week in October, I had an extra day off from work which allowed for three days worth of work for me to do. I managed too work on eight projects because of this extra time I had.

10/3: On this day I did a raku firing which turned out great and started on my mask projects that required the usage of foam heads in order to get specific facial features. I wanted to make five of these masks, though I was only able to get three of them made that night.

10/4: This day was a little frustrating because of the limited studio time I had. I was already behind my own schedule since I wanted to have all five of my masks done the night before and only managed to get three done. Instead of starting the next project, I had to finish the remaining masks. My clay wasn't cooperating with me either. The clay stated drying and cracking because it went under the slab roller one too many times. Finally, I gave up and used a new batch of clay. I was able to finish the remaining masks, but was not able to start my next project until the next day.

10/5: I finally managed to start my next project which is a mixed media piece that will be a representation of autumn. I got the basic shape down with foam board and managed to start on the chicken wire work. I eventually stopped work on the project to get some drawing done for a project called Black Widow. This piece was supposed to be finished in time for my last show, but wasn't. I'm estimating that this project might have about 4-6 hours of work left.

That's it for right now. I should have a September Progress Report coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment