Monday, April 2, 2012

My Introduction


If you're reading this, then chances are you already know me and at least have an idea of what I do and what I'm all about. That being said, this is more like an introduction to the type of blog that I'm doing since most readers (for the time being) already know me. This is an art blog titled "Inside Jon-Erich's Head". My intent with this blog is to give readers insight on my art projects, events that I participate in, as well my progression as an artist. As some of you may know, I used to do this very same thing on Myspace a few years ago, but I stopped when I felt Myspace was becoming irrelevant. However, since I feel that recording my progression as an artist is important, I want to continue where I left off a few years ago.

Some of you may wonder why I'm choosing to do an art blog as opposed to a blog about a variety of subjects such as current issues, politics, my current job, or other aspects of my life outside of art. The answer is simple. Even though my opinions on various subjects may be unique because they're my opinions, everyone else already has blogs like that. By creating an art blog, I'm creating something that has a unique insight on my artwork and because it's about me and my art, it's something original. Besides, my status updates on Facebook will provide everything else this blog does not provide.

To be honest, I meant to start writing a month ago, but I didn't for a variety of reasons I don't care to discuss at this time. While many of you missed out on anything I had to report for March other than status updates and messages on Facebook, there will be a lot to talk about in April. This month, I plan to have one new project finished as well as two collaborative projects that I'm working on with my friend Christine. I will also be having an art show at the end of the month with Christine. So there will be plenty to talk about in the coming days and weeks. Until then, feel free to comment on this introduction post, or ask me anything you may have on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment